Shula (シュラ, Shura) is a human-like demon who lives in the Demon World, and is one of its best fighters.
Shula is a human-like demon with long black hair, pointy ears, and a "w"-like symbol on his forehead.
Shula is a powerful demon who single-handedly managed to open the giant entrance to the demon world, and kept it open for a while by wedging his cursed sword in its door. During this period, he and many of his minions continually tormented a nearby kingdom during nightfall. He eventually took an interest in the kingdom's young Princess Misa, and kidnapped her, so that he could marry her.
Dragon Ball Edit
Fortuneteller Baba Saga Edit
It was not long afterward that Misa's father, King Kress, sent the young Goku after him to retrieve Misa. When Goku finds Shula in the Demon World, he finds that Shula has thrown a party to celebrate his soon-to-be bride. Goku confronts Shula, and challenges him to a fight, to which Shula accepts. Shula proves to be a quick and powerful fighter, but Goku manages to find his weakness. The demon world is a place where no bright light has ever entered, and Shula's eyes had become accustomed to it. Goku fires a Kamehameha and blinds Shula, then smashes the demon against the wall. When Shula gets back up, he finds that Goku and Misa are escaping and he sends his minions after him, but two demons, Melee and Gola, block their path. Goku manages to get outside and close off the entrance to demon world forever. Melee then tells him that this is how it should be. Rather than punish her and Gola for interfering, Shula decides to carry on with his party, and invites the two demons along. Shula has never escaped ever since, but it is likely that he is still alive.
Shula was a powerful demon able to easily hold his own against Goku, who had previously defeated Mercenary Tao, one of few individuals Master Roshi admitted to being stronger than himself. During their battle, Goku seemed unable to hurt Shula, and Shula was able to break Goku's Kamehameha with an energy powered punch. Goku was only able to stop Shula by blinding him with light and then fleeing. Upon which, Goku admits that he only won due to luck.
Techniques and special abilities Edit
- Levitation – Shula has shown the ability to fly through the manipulation of ki.
- Rush Ki Wave – Shula fires an energy blast from his palm right in front of his opponent.
- Swordsmanship – Shula owns a golden sword he wedged to keep the entrance of the demon world open. Although he is never seen using it during the episode, it can be assumed that Shula is very skilled in combat with a sword.
- Demon Spiral Fist – Shula launches rings of energy from his arm to attack his opponent. With this technique, he can also launch a powerful punch that can break through a Kamehameha. The technique was named in Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle.
Voice actors Edit
- Shula's name is a derived from Shura, the Japanese term referring to the Buddhist and Hindu entities known otherwise as "Asura". While Asura are belligerent and aggressive lower-rank gods in Buddhist mythology, they are demons in Hindu mythology. His name may also derived from the word trishula, the Sanskrit word for "trident", the object which he wears a symbol of on his forehead.
- Shula resembles the Hindu god Shiva: his complexion is almost as similar to that god, their appearances are all somewhat similar, and Shula bears a trident at his forehead, which is the weapon of the god Shiva.