Beat (ビート, Bīto), the Saiyan Hero is the main promotional character, as well as a playable Saiyan avatar for the arcade game Dragon Ball Heroes.
The Hero's appearance is similar to that of Goku in Dragon Ball GT, but he is a little taller and has a different hairstyle. He has worn numerous outfits over the years.
His first outfit is similar to Goten's in Dragon Ball Z, which featured a crimson dogi, a yellow longsleeve shirt with matching shin wraps, a teal belt, and black shoes with white accents.
His second outfit is seen in the ninth trailer, now donning a yellow cape and a black longsleeve undershirt.
His third outfit no longer has a cape, and consists of a red overcoat with plates on his shoulders. His undershirt and pants are all black as well, and he also wears black elbow length gloves.
He and the other male Saiyan avatars appear under the name Beat (ビート) in the Hero Road mode of the game; this name comes from unit of time used in music. This name could also come from a vegetable like all other pure-blooded Saiyans, specifically, the vegetable "beet". The Hero is also named Beat in the spin-off manga Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission.
Dragon Ball Heroes Edit
As shown in one of the game's promotional trailers, his first major fight in the Dragon Ball Heroes universe is against Cell. During this battle, he meets Future Trunks, Super Saiyan Goku, the Saiyan Berserker and the Saiyan Elite. The Hero's second major fight is with Majin Buu, assisted by Future Trunks and the Majin Hero Kabra. He then fights Frieza's soldiers with the Saiyan Heroine Note, Lord Slug's clan with Goku and Froze, Super Saiyan 3 Broly and Hirudegarn with Goku and the Namekian Hero Tsumuri.
In Galaxy Mission trailers, the young boy is in his world again and runs up to the arcade game. A robot similar to Giru, Poru, appears in front of the machine and goes on the boy's shoulder. After sticking his data card into the game's slot, the boy is teleported into the Grand Tour spaceship where Goku, Pan, and Trunks are and appears with new avatar clothes. He and the gang face Luud on Planet Luud, and when he returns to Earth, he and the gang battle Baby Vegeta and his allies.
In the thirteenth trailer (GM6 trailer), the Hero is in space near Frieza's spaceship while Bardock faces Frieza above Planet Vegeta. Goku, the Heroine, and the robot in attack mode join the Hero, and the Heroine then flies and attacks the soldiers, soon followed by Goku. When one of the soldiers hits her with an energy wave and Goku catches her while she falls down, Dodoria appears on their way and the robot fires his missiles at Dodoria. When the smoke clears, the Hero appears in front of Dodoria and turns Super Saiyan. He dodges all of Dodoria's attacks, and then kicks Dodoria away. Zarbon then appears and kicks the Hero from behind. The Hero angrily attacks Zarbon, and then fires an energy blast at him. When Goku sees Frieza charging a Supernova to destroy Bardock and Planet Vegeta, he asks the Hero to help Bardock. The Hero charges a Kamehameha and fires it at Frieza's Supernova with Bardock's Riot Javelin.
In the seventeenth promotional trailer (JM1 trailer), the Saiyan Hero, the Majin Hero, the Frieza's race Berserker, and the Android Elite help Goten and Trunks fighting the Shadow Dragon of Water and Wind, Oceanus Shenron, soon joined by Super Saiyan 4 Goku, the Android Berserker, the Namekian Berserker, the Majin Berserker, and the Saiyan Heroine.
Ultimate Mission Edit
In the Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission animation, the boy is in the real world again, in front of an arcade, and he is teleported into the Dragon Ball Heroes universe once again. There, he meets the Saiyan Heroine and then they battle Legendary Super Saiyan Broly, who soon knocks them to the ground. Goku appears to save the kids from Broly's Eraser Cannons and then, the three turn Super Saiyan and charge Kamehameha waves to struggle with Broly's energy wave.
In his first ever appearance, Beat is no match Perfect Cell and gets overpowered by the Bio-Android. However he is shown to have no trouble handling Frieza's soldiers in his base form.
Upon first transforming into a Super Saiyan, Beat is outclassed by Legendary Super Saiyan Broly. Later however he is able to take on the Baby infected Trunks, Goten, Gohan, and Videl, defeating them on his own. He was also able to overpower Dodoria and Zarbon, being unphased by a direct punch from the former.
In his Super Saiyan 2 state, Beat proves strong enough to break free from Black Smoke Shenron's shadow tendrils. After using the Super Class upgrade Beat proves powerful enough to defeat Nimu (under the possession of Oceanus Shenron).
As a Super Saiyan 3, Beat appears to be around the level of Kid Buu after absorbing Southern Supreme Kai. However, even as a Super Saiyan 3 he is absolutely no match for Super Saiyan 4 Broly.
As a super Saiyan God he withstood a blast that from Demigra, who defeated, Super Saiyan 3 Trunks, Goku, Vegeta, the supreme kai Berserk and Hero with ease.
Techniques and special abilities Edit
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Kamehameha – Goku's signature move. The Hero uses the technique along with Goku in several Dragon Ball Heroes promo.
- Multiple Kamehameha – The hero usually uses his Kamehameha in combination with that of Goku and/or with the Saiyan Heroine. His ultimate attack in-game is when he, Goku, and Teen Gohan use a Triple Kamehameha to finish the opponent.
- Friend Kamehameha – Beat and Note's Kamehameha combination.
- Super Kamehameha: A more powerful variation of the Kamehameha.
- Dark Rebellion Trigger – Bardock's signature move. Beat appears using it in Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Combined Energy Wave - A technique used by the Hero and Goku with a pose similar to the Non-stop Violence.
- Energy Wave – He uses this blue colored blast in the second Dragon ball Heroes promo, when he and Super Saiyan 3 Future Trunks battle Majin Buu.
- Class-up – Beat frequently uses his Class-up state throughout the manga. This ability makes him appear in his GM alternate outfit and allows him to become a Super Saiyan 2.
- Super Class-up – Beat becomes a Super Class for the first time during his battle with Oceanus Shenron possessed Nimu through a special capsule. This ability makes him appear in his JM alternative outfit and allows him to become a Super Saiyan 3.
- God Class-up – The Saiyan Hero becomes a God Class in GDM7. This makes him appear in his GDM alternative outfit and allows him to become a Super Saiyan God.
- In-game, he can also use the Spirit Bomb, Galick Gun, Final Explosion, Spirit Sword, Dragon Fist, Flying Kick, Heavy Finish, rush attack, Rapid Movement,Risking it all for a friend, etc.
Forms and transformations Edit
Super Saiyan Edit
Beat uses the form in Victory Mission, for the first time against Baby Janemba. He later uses the form against opponents such as Erito, Froze, and Oceanus Shenron.
The Saiyan Hero is also able to transform into a Super Saiyan in Dragon Ball Heroes. The Saiyan Hero uses the form in the fifth promotional movie for the game. He first transformed when trying to save Goku from Broly. He uses the form again in later promo, against Baby and Frieza notably.
Super Saiyan 2 Edit
Beat uses the form for the first time against Froze during the first tournament, and later uses it again against Black Smoke Shenron, and uses it again later when he and Super Saiyan 2 Bardock use a combo attack on Nimu and Semi-Perfect Cell. After realizing that he does not stand a chance against Nimu's Super 17 in this form, he transforms into Super Saiyan 3.
After using Class-up, the Saiyan Hero is also able to transform into a Super Saiyan 2 in Dragon Ball Heroes.
Super Saiyan 3 Edit
Beat is first shown with the potential to eventually become a Super Saiyan 3 during his and the other heroes' battle with Black Smoke Shenron: as he powers up to escape the evil dragon's shadows, an image of a Super Saiyan 3 appears behind him. He later uses the form in battle against Nimu's Super 17 after using the Super Class upgrade.
After using Super Class-up, the Saiyan Hero is also able to transform into a Super Saiyan 3 in Dragon Ball Heroes.
Super Saiyan God Edit
The Saiyan Hero gained the ability to become a Super Saiyan God after gaining the God Class upgrade.
Video game appearances Edit
- Dragon Ball Heroes
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi (promotional character, can be created in Hero Mode)
- Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission
- Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2
Voice actors Edit
- Japanese: Miyu Irino (入野自由)
- A character that looks like an adult version of him appears in the intro of Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi, along with a character similar to the Saiyan Berserker.