|"What pitiful losers. You actually think you can destroy the Tree of Might?"
— Dragon Ball Z: The Tree of Might
Amond (アモンド, Amondo) is a member of the Turles Crusher Corps. He makes his debut in the movie Dragon Ball Z: The Tree of Might.
Amond has a vicious personality and overwhelming power. He was originally an atrocious criminal who rampaged throughout the entire galaxy. One day, he was arrested by the Galactic Police and imprisoned on planet Nutts. However, that same day, the low-class Saiyan Turles attacked the planet, which allowed Amond to make his escape. Along the way, he met up with Turles, who then recruited him into his squad.
The Tree of Might Edit
After being recruited by Turles, Amond becomes second in command after Turles himself. He has the power to spin himself in the manner of a small tornado, capable of deflecting even ki-based techniques such as Krillin's Destructo Disc. Amond is killed during Goku's Kaio-ken rampage against Turles' men, when Goku gives Amond a bonecrushing knee-kick to his stomach.
Dragon Ball Cardass and the movie pamphlet for The Tree of Might state that Amond has a power level of 9,100.
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Planet Bomb – A powerful technique in which the user manipulates their ki to disrupt a planet's geomagnetic field. Used in order to plant the Tree of Might, and named in the arcade game Dragon Ball Heroes.
- Destructo Disc – Amond spins on himself and launches a razor-sharp disk of energy that can slice through nearly anything. Amond used this technique to deflect Krillin's Destructo Disc.
Video games Edit
Amond makes his first appearance in a video game as a playable character in Dragon Ball Heroes.
Voice actors Edit
- Japanese: Banjō Ginga
- Ocean Group dub: Paul Dobson
- AB Group dub: Paul Bandey
- FUNimation dub: Paul Slavens
- German dub: Lutz Schnell
- Italian dubs: Diego Reggente (Dynit dub); Vittorio Bestoso (2003 Mediaset re-dub)
- French dub: Patrick Borg
- Spanish dub (Castilian): Miguel Ángel Montero
- His name is a pun on the nut almond.